Brett Waxer – Director
Coach Waxer is a Physical Education Teacher at Syosset H.S. Coach Waxer earned his bachelor’s degree at East Carolina University and played 4 years of NCAA Div I college soccer for the ECU Pirates. After graduating, he spent one season as a Graduate Assistant coach at ECU where he was primarily responsible for working with the defense. Waxer joined the Braves Family in 2001 and started coaching at the middle school levels. In 2005, Waxer took over the Boys Varsity Soccer Program and has been proud to see his team make it to the post season play each season.
- East Carolina (Exercise Sports Science-BA)
- Hofstra University (Health Education-MA)
- Division 1- 2nd team All-Conference (Colonial Athletic Association)
- 2011- Nassau County Class AA Conference Coach of the Year
- 2012- Nassau County Class AA Conference Coach of the Year
- 2012- Newsday Nassau County Coach of the Year
Long Island Soccer Academy strives to teach the game of soccer but also concentrates on the importance of sportsmanship & being part of a team. We continue to strive for these goals each year so our players consistently grow.
Morning Session – concentration on technical skills such as passing, dribbling, tackling, shooting, etc.
Afternoon Session – a rotating schedule that includes lunch, open swim, and a field session dedicated to group, team tactics, goal keeper instruction, and modified games.